-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero at PinkyGuerrero, this blog is Pinky, ongoing continuation at blogs Janika & Basically Clueless & PinkFeldspar, in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Saturday, July 7, 2018

no one ever screams that, be real


So. I ran off and stopped blogging, much. For all you guys know, I could have won the lottery and disappeared onto a yacht somewhere.


That mug was perfect. I am the only person in this household history who has received an actual 4th of July present in a gift bag. The coffee I drank late in the day in that mug cured a nasty headache. I've decided this summer is not the time to cut my coffee down that drastically no matter how gradually I do it, and I was a fool for even thinking about doing that to myself. Pretty sure Kylo doesn't know how to use caffeine properly. I don't know about the rest of the movie, but that kid is the most perfect representation I've ever seen of psychotic Dark Side. The rest are all boring compared to his seething sullen rage. Too bad he's codependent on sane people around him to do his bidding, he could never have semi-conquered alone and then lost humiliatingly in front of everyone like that. Surely half his own fleet melted in his rage. I'm disappointed if the writers didn't even think of that.

We started catching up on the Lost in Space series on Netflix this week. I nearly bailed on the super slow start but we're good now. Made it through Will coaching Robot through personality alters, which seems over the top anthropomorphic yet still believable, and now I'm waiting for sulky Judy and bootstrap Don to get a believable magical moment. I'm glad they broke Maureen out of the space mom mold. Those of you too young to know this, the original June Lockhart was the stereotypical TV mom from Lassie onward. The Netflix incarnation is believably super flawed, but I'm so ready for John to stop whining, bit of overkill on his trying to live up to her emotionally punishing ways. I used to want to be the original Penny, so of course I'm identifying a bit with her again. They should have changed the Oreo packaging a little bit, but I can let that slide. Dr. Smith is perfect in every way. Every. Way. I could easily expect a mass murder out of her without anyone suspecting a thing.

I have successfully backed down on the gabapentin so the extra is over. I did about 3 months on a little extra coming through the shoulder nerve pinge therapy, but once amlodipine was tacked onto my blood pressure treatment during that, the edema showed up and those happen to be the top 2 meds for edema side effect. Sweet. Can only control one of those meds on my own, and I'm not stupid. I have bony ankles, so the goal is to keep them bony looking. I got a good grip on that and then it kinda went off track again, so I checked on amlopidine with diabetes and *bam*! Bad one. I went on a 3-day carb binge over the holiday and felt like my heart was beating out of my chest and doing 100 bpm. Welp, that's what happens when your blood glucose goes frickin up to bottle rocket level, everything in there goes a little wonky trying to deal. I hate that feeling. So I cinched the carb belt real tight again and had a very nice day yesterday, slept great. Gotta keep it paleo so that doesn't happen again. It's hard having to research and figure things out, but I refuse to go quietly sedated while my body bloats up from stupidity.

Short version- I can't be trusted with chocolate chips ever again. I did really well while I failed to keep them stocked up. Second I brought some home, uber fail straight into mocha cheesecake and beyond.

People who wanna wrecklessly go sliding into their graves like it's a blast being a crazy old person- you're all idiots. Most of you will drag your families through various hells watching you fumble awkwardly into lengthy drawn out expensive battles with impending death that you could have at least made easier with a glucose meter and some semblance of dietary dignity, but since my mom's insistence on noncompliancy in the hopes of swift salvation from this life (that backfired into life in a nursing home) is still fresh in my mind, I just can't follow her in all good conscience when I look at my own kids struggling with their own kids. I cannot be that burden that society says it's cool and fun for me to be.

click to get lost in pinterest
When doctors take one look and ask me how I'm doing something, like oh I dunno, WALKING, and this has happened over several things through my life, then you know I'm already skidding to my grave and I'd likely already be there if I hadn't changed a few things along the way. Like I've said before, I actually know people who say they'd rather die than give up something as silly as Pepsi, and dang if they don't go and actually do it. I outlived someone who said that. Seriously.

Back to today. Been a long long year already. Last few months have felt especially grueling, and I'm going to take the day off and figure the rest of the summer out. My entire summer calendar has been rescheduled 3 times already, and I haven't checked my bank or emails in ages. Not a clue what's going on with the gangs, no idea if and when I'll ever get back to work on the webs, but at least I can say I'm caught up with laundry.

Taking the day off means deep cleaning my house. Stand way back. Don't wanna get squirted in your eyeball with something through the monitor.