-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero at PinkyGuerrero, this blog is Pinky, ongoing continuation at blogs Janika & Basically Clueless & PinkFeldspar, in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Monday, October 15, 2018

overhaul


Had a good think about medias. This year is a mess, big platform CEOs winding up in congressional hearings, some of their motives, agendas, and ethics coming into question about humans being used for gain behind their backs (and Google now helping an entire country super surveille its citizens while stifling information into state run 'news'), basic dark future run amok stuff, so who knows how many rugs will get yanked around. People left and right are closing accounts anyway for a variety of reasons, and you really don't have to have an entire fleet of medias to keep a sales platform, it's just that it's so fashionable, right.

And then there's the 5G rollout. The testing has been going on for months and several companies have announced 'live' dates by the end of this year up through 2019, and basically by 2020 everyone around the world will be on 5G. I'm not keen on 5G. If you guys think it's already intrusive that nearly every site or app you open pleasantly shoves in your face something you'd probably like to buy while you're reading something (and how unnerving it is that anywhere you wind up, every site knows what your size and color preference is), imagine 5G knowing when you get in and out of a car when your phone isn't even hooked up to internet yet and actually turned off. According to the test done in this video starting at 2:20, that actually already happens and is measurable.



So I can totally see where they'd be able to make a list of every restroom stop you make around town and then offer you something off the pharmacy shelf for the problem while you're looking at your phone in the bathroom...

Anyway, stuff is overwhelming enough, I'm plate way too full busy, and I just want a break. So I'm taking one.

Lexxperience twitter has been moved to a more relevant account. Pinky on twitter is just around for friends and down time now.

Lexxperience everything else will be moving to the dedicated SyfyDesigns server.

I'm done with Facebook. I'm fried. I'll leave accounts open to check on people and keep the fan group/page on touch base, but I'm so done.

When I came back out on medias, I was incognito. No one but the closest handful of people even had a clue who I am. I'm to the point now that if I were to go back to my own real name, not a soul would be able to find me. Even if they knew my real name, there are so many of me that I would be in a literal sea of hundreds. If Facebook ever reaches the point of routing out incognitos, you guys won't see me there again, even if I am there, because I will never connect to anyone. I never got Facebook of my own volition in the first place. I'm only there because it's convenient to stay in touch with a handful of people in private, which is funny because we can easily text each other.

I will be dismantling G+ over the winter. I know that's how some of you get notifications on me, sorry about that, but all our G+ pages are going away anyway, right. Since Google runs blogger and my feedburners, not a clue what the fallout will be on that. I'll probably download my blogs like I did when Xanga migrated in case of fail. Google also owns youtube, but since I've already nearly closed mine down, that's not a problem.

I'll be doing an inventory of all my accounts on the web and shut at least half of them down. Most of them are barely used. Beyond that, I'll still be around, but I'll likely stop cross posting links. I'll make one last cross post from here to twitter and that's it.

I'm very curious how long my old Pinky blog stuff will stay cached if I make that blog private. In the old days (ten years ago) something would stay cached for a year to several years, but nowadays things can drop off pretty quickly from search because there is just so much. So if old Pinky blog blinks out, I'm doing an experiment. You guys know I like watching that kind of stuff.

I've been planning on pulling together a comprehensive inventory of my stuff into one area for several years. Maybe this is the year that will happen, most likely on my Janika dotcom.

I'm facepalming because it just hit me I haven't checked my email in a couple of weeks again. I really do need a break.

~~~ hours later ~~~

Ok, real life.
  • I cut two fingers at the same time with a ginsu knife in the weirdest way this afternoon on the nonsurgery hand while I was cutting up a chicken.
  • That's because the surgery hand (nearly 8 weeks out now) has been super fumbly all day since it got super ASTYM'd first thing this morning. My wrist still hurts, too.
  • So I'm typing with bandaids and it sucks.